ENERGY STAR certified new homes are designed and built to standards well above most other homes on the market today, delivering energy efficiency savings of up to 30 percent when compared to typical new homes. A new home that has earned the ENERGY STAR label has undergone a process of inspections, testing, and verification to meet strict requirements set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), delivering better quality, better comfort, and better durability.
Tried–and–true building practices, such as flashing, moisture barriers, and heavy–duty membranes, are employed to effectively drain water from the roofs, walls, and foundations of every ENERGY STAR certified home.
Learn more more about the ENERGY STAR Homes program.
SCI is proud to be named an ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year – Home Energy Rater!
Prior to construction we work with the architect, owner, and builder to make sure the most cost effective solutions are implemented to meet the ENERGY STAR Program requirements. We conduct the necessary energy modeling to demonstrate program compliance using the Performance Path option in ENERGY STAR.
- Energy Modeling: Create HERS Ratings of each unit configuration.
- Design Review: Review all designs and specs to demonstrate program compliance prior to construction.
Our Raters conduct inspections throughout the construction process. To meet ENERGY STAR Version 3 criteria, the following checklists must be completed through the course of construction. We work with the construction team to make sure all requirements are understood.
- Contractor Orientation: Our Raters review the inspection process and program requirements with all subcontractors.
- Open Wall Inspection: Visually inspect all units prior to drywall.
- Final Testing: Conduct all final performance testing including blower door and duct blaster tests.
We collect all information and inspection reports. As a RESNET HERS Provider we provide final certification for ENERGY STAR Homes.
- Final Certification: Upon completion, each home receives the ENERGY STAR Homes certificate.