LEED® for Homes is a voluntary rating system that promotes the design and construction of high-performance green homes, including affordable housing, mass-production homes, custom designs, stand-alone single-family homes, duplexes and townhouses, suburban and urban apartments and condominiums and lofts in historic buildings. LEED for Homes offer 4 certification levels, Certified, Silver, Gold, and Platinum based on the number of points attempted for the project.
LEED for Homes is available for building design and construction projects for single family homes and multifamily projects up to eight stories.
Learn more about the LEED for Homes program.
SCI was on the project team for the 2015 LEED for Homes Outstanding Multifamily Project.
Prior to construction we work with the architect, owner, and builder to make sure the most cost effective solutions are implemented to meet the LEED for Homes program. We work with the team to ensure the proper documents are included in design to meet the desired certification level.
- Preliminary Rating: Conduct a preliminary rating to determine the potential certification level for the project.
- Design Review: Review all designs and specs to demonstrate program compliance prior to construction, including programs such as Energy Star Homes.
Our Raters conduct inspections throughout the construction process. We work with the construction team to make sure all requirements are understood.
- ENERGY STAR V3: We oversee all checklist for ENERGY STAR compliance.
- Site Inspections:Verify all green building items are installed.
We collect all information and inspection reports. As a LEED for Homes Provider we collect and submit all final documents to the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) for LEED for Homes Certification.
- Final Certification: Upon completion, each home receives the LEED for Homes plaque.