Social responsibility is an ethical framework and suggests that an entity, be it an organization or individual, has an obligation to act for the benefit of society at large.
To this end, The Sustainable Comfort Development Team works hard to engage in social responsible behavior.
A lot of people who get into real estate do it because you can make money quickly. They look at development strictly transactionally. We are not believers in this, because at the end of the day, all residential real estate is someone’s home. When we do a project, we make decisions in the interest of the long-term health of the neighborhood—not extracting profit.
To this end we work hard to do the following:
- Build toward creating vibrant communities with neighborhood revitalization concepts
- Use sustainable construction practices to ensure safety, health, longevity and efficiency
- Get engaged in the community as much as possible by organizing trash clean up days and the like
- Offer resources to relocate tenants out of buildings that need renovating
- Encourage our employees to get involved in volunteering for community based groups and activities