To find the Trash day for your neighborhood, visit the City of Worcester’s website: www.worcesterma.gov/trash-recycling/trash-disposal
A recycling bin can be obtained at the Department of Public Works and Parks Customer Service Center located at:
76 East Worcester Street
7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Please be sure to bring proof of residency with you.
- New residents will receive one bin free of charge.
- A resident who brings in their damaged bin will receive a new bin in exchange.
- To replace a bin that has been lost or stolen costs $5.00.
- Up to two additional bins can be purchased per household for $5.00 each.
Set recyclables and trash at the curb between 6 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. on your scheduled trash/recycling day. Whenever a scheduled collection day falls on a holiday, that day’s collection and all remaining collections for the week will be delayed one day. To find the recycling schedule for your neighborhood, visit their website: www.worcesterma.gov/trash-recycling/recycling
What to Recycle
- Magazines, Phone books, Catalogues
- Junk Mail, Envelopes
- Office & Mixed Paper
- Gift Wrap
- Brown Bags
- Paperboard, Such as Cracker/Cereal Boxes
- Corrugated Cardboard – Cut to 3′ x 3′ or smaller and place under/beside recycling bins
Rinse clean and place inside of bin:
- Glass Bottles/Jars
- Metal Food Cans, Non-Deposit & Deposit Cans, Aluminum Foil, Pie Tins*
- Plastic Jugs, Bottles & Jars*
- Milk and Juice Cartons & Drink Boxes*
*May flatten to save space. Place light materials on bottom of bin.
- Do not use plastic bags for recycling.
- To avoid recyclables from blowing out of your bin, place heavier items on top of your recycling bin.
- Napkins, paper plates, paper cups and plastic-coated paper must be placed in the yellow city trash bags.
- Set recyclables and trash apart by at least 4 feet.
- Rinse all containers clean.
- Flatten containers when possible to conserve space.